I didn’t realize Elinor had tagged me to do this Book Meme thing about three weeks ago. For some reason her RSS feed on bloglines does not work for me, so I forget to check her blog now and then. But, anyway, better late than never. Here goes:
1. Total number of books I’ve owned. Right now I have roughly 800 books. In my life I’ve probably owned about 1,000. I rarely get rid of books (which is one of the reasons the thought of moving makes me shudder).
2. Last book I bought. Budget restrictions have made me a library rat recently, so I had to really think about this one. But, I believe it was Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell. I highly recommend it, by the way. It is almost a must read for those who have no background in the field.
3. Last book I read. Guide for the Perplexed by E.F. Schumacher. Great book.
4. Five books that mean a lot to me.
- Seven Storey Mountain, by Thomas Merton.
- Thomas Aquinas: Spiritual Master, by Fr. Robert Barron.
- A First Glance at St. Thomas Aquinas, by Ralph McInerny (this book has the best subtitle ever: A Handbook for Peeping Thomists).
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
- The Great Divorce, by C.S. Lewis